If you have upgraded to Windows 8.1 and want to boot directly to the desktop instead of the Microsoft’s new shiny metro interface, you may feel lucky today. There is a really simple way to do this.
Step by Step Guide to Boot Directly to Desktop
- Go to taskbar and right click on it.
- Select properties and go to Navigation tab in properties popup.
- Check item “When I sign in or close all applications on a screen, go to the desktop Instead of start”.
- Also check “show apps view automatically when I go to start”.
- Click OK button and voila…. next time when you restart your computer will boot into desktop directly.
One feature that is still missing is the good old Windows start button. I wish that Microsoft brings that back in the future releases.
Until Next Time…………….!!!!!!